Laser Cataract Surgery, Refractive Cataract Surgery, LASIK, PRK, Refractive Lens Exchange, ICL Implant, Cornea Transplant, DSAEK, Micro-Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, Strabismus
Mohinder K. Gupta, M.D. is the Medical Director of Cleveland Clinic Sugarbush Eye and Laser Centre. Dr. Gupta takes pride in keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and techniques through regular attendance at international Ophthalmology conferences. He has studied under world-renowned eye surgeons such as Dr. Jose Barraguer, inventor of LASIK, and Dr. Louis Ruiz, inventor of the microkeratome, the instrument used to make the corneal flap during the LASIK procedure.
Dr. Gupta opened his practice in Ashland in 1977 and added the Mansfield location in 1998. He is on the medical staffs of several hospitals, including Ashland Samaritan Hospital, Anta Health Systems, Cleveland Clinic Lorain Institute, and Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Hospital. Dr. Gupta is a well-known and frequent speaker at international meetings and symposiums of eye surgeons.
- Doctor of Medicine, Punjab University, Punjab, India, 1966
- Surgical Resident, Ophthalmology, All India Institute of Medical Science, 1970
- Internship, Memorial Hospital, Albany, New York, 1974
- Residency, Neurology, College of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, 1975
- Fellowship, Ocular Motility, State University of New York, Brooklyn, New York, 1976
- Fellowship, Cornea, State University of New York, Brooklyn, New York, 1977
Dr. Gupta has participated in numerous medical mission trips to third-world countries, performing thousands of sight-saving eye surgeries at no cost. He has also provided free care to qualifying underprivileged patients in the central Ohio area who were unable to afford eye care.